A downloadable game for Windows
ChronoVenture is a momentum-based Gameboy-style platformer shooter where the player controls a cat named Lizzy as she runs, jumps, claws and shoots her way to the end of the level where she'll encounter against a boss to unlock a new weapon or upgrade before she finds herself warping into the future.
The outcome of Act 2, the future, changes depending on whether or not you completed an optional objective in Act 1, the present.
This demo features:
- The first playable stage, Dryforest Drought
- 4 Usable Weapons
- 5 Unique Enemies
- 2 Bosses
- 4 Green Colours
- Roughly 5 Minutes of Gameplay
- Classic (2-Button) and Modern (4-Button) Control Options, with Xinput Support
- Authentic soundtrack and sound effects made with DefleMask Tracker
- And not much else, it's a really short demo.
I should clarify that this is not a real Game Boy game. This is a Windows-only game made with GameMaker: Studio that imitates to be a Game Boy game because I enjoyed playing some of those games. However, that doesn't necessarily mean I'm aiming to be hardware accurate and some modern features like widescreen support would be implemented in the future.
As this game is currently under development, your feedback and constructive criticism will be invaluable on making the game better so please contact me via email (email@example.com) and/or follow me on Twitter(@Duckilous). Thank you!
|Updated||20 days ago|
|Made with||GameMaker: Studio|
|Tags||2D, 8-Bit, Game Boy, GameMaker, Pixel Art, Retro, Side Scroller, Singleplayer, Time Travel|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller|
- Devlog 2020/09 (+ Postmortem)20 days ago
- ChronoVenture 0.1.2 Update Notes32 days ago
- ChronoVenture Demo Release + Update Notes for 0.1.146 days ago
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.